Monday, May 9, 2011

Tea Time: Take 2


Loving tea rooms as I do,
I invited my mom, maternal grandmother, and great aunt to try out a new place in honor of mother's day.  The Dove House, located in Arcadia, LA, is a small bed and breakfast thast serves lunch.  Each table has its different coordinating place settings and colors - there are no two the same - giving a wonderful relaxed setting.  The whole place is decorated in what I would call elegant country chic, and they serve wonderful, homey food.  We all got chicken salad and corn chowder, and finished it off with apple crisp topped with Blue Bell  vanilla ice cream - oh so yummy!

 

After lunch we walked through the home taking pictures and admiring everything.  We even stayed and talked with the owner, a sweet, Christian lady, for over 45 minutes.  Many of the dishes, glasses, tea things she uses are items she has collected throughout the years dreaming of one day opening a tea room.  Hearing about her dream coming true, makes me wonder if I could one day also open a tea room, possibly with my sister.  She would decorate and coordinate, and I would work on the food and business aspect of it.  If not, I'll just have to continue doing what I love - inviting friends over for brunch or afternoon tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment