Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Having Tea

Today I took my paternal grandmother to one of my favorite restaurants in Shreveport, LA, The Glenwood Village Tearoom.  There is something about elegant food, surroundings, and tea that makes a girl feel like a lady, almost like a princess.  It is, in fact, this restaurant that rekindled my love of tea-time (or maybe it simply sparked it, for what little girl doesn't like to dress up and have tea?)

While enjoying our time together, my grandmother remarked that having tea has become a lost art.  I think that is true to an extent.  We do forget that life is too short to not stop and enjoy a cup of hot tea and good company.  It is too short to not bring out the fine china on more than just special occasions.  And it is definitely too short not to enjoy truly decadent, lovely food!

I think what I enjoy most about these times is visiting with my friends - enjoying the good conversation, the laughter, and more than anything, building each other up in the Lord.  Since becoming a mother, I truly enjoy finding kindred spirits in other mothers who want more than just the best for their children.  They want to raise their children to love and serve the Lord.  I am going to miss these precious hours visiting with like-minded women of God that I met while in Ohio.

3 comments:

  1. Amber,
    You have no idea how excited I was when I found your dear blog! I hardly ever get on facebook but I happened to the other day and luckily found your link!!
    I so enjoyed reading all your entries on your sweet pup and also enjoyed picturing you having tea with your dear Grandma. SO so sweet!!
    Excited to read all about your adventures in Japan or whatever is on your heart.
    Much love
    ~ Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so everyone knows, that's my wife writing this blog. She's awesome! Need I say more?

    -jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I am so thrilled to read your blog! one of my favorite things to do is to use my china on a monday in my workout clothes!

    ReplyDelete